Community Service Organisations
• Fraud or corruption within contract management (and contractual oversight) of services delivered.
• Poor identification and management of conflicts of interest.
• Theft of cash and small physical assets.
• Lack of awareness about corruption and associated prevention and reporting strategies across the sector.
• Inadequate or inexperienced board and governance structures, including the challenge of attracting board members with appropriate experience and capability.
• Dishonesty in employment practices, such as falsification of credentials.
• Recycling employees with histories of questionable conduct or performance across the sector.
• Procurement fraud, such as corrupt payments or unmanaged conflicts of interest in supplier selection.
• Dishonesty or unmanaged conflicts of interest in employment practices, such as falsification of credentials.
• Lack of detection of corruption risks due to complex operating environment with broad external oversight and regulatory arrangements across multiple bodies and all three levels of government.