If we assess your complaint as a Public Interest Disclosure we’ll never reveal your name as the person who made a disclosure, and we’ll make every effort to ensure you are not disadvantaged because you made a complaint. This means:
- you're protected from being fired or bullied.
- you're protected from defamation and retaliation.
- you have immunity from:
- civil or criminal liability and administrative action (including disciplinary action)
- being charged with an offence under Victorian laws that impose obligations of impartiality, confidentiality or which otherwise restrict the disclosure of information
- breaching any other obligation (made by oath or rule of law or practice) requiring the maintenance of confidentiality or otherwise restricting the disclosure of information.