If your complaint is assessed as a public interest disclosure:
- we will never publicise your name as a discloser
- you will be protected from being fired or bullied for making a complaint
- you will receive protection from defamation and detrimental action in reprisal for making a public interest disclosure
- you will receive immunity from:
- civil or criminal liability as well as administrative action (including disciplinary action) for making the disclosure
- committing an offence under the Constitution Act 1975 (Vic) or any other Act that imposes obligations of confidentiality or otherwise restricts the disclosure of information
- breaching any other obligation (made by oath or rule of law or practice) requiring the maintenance of confidentiality or otherwise restricting the disclosure of information.