How IBAC works to prevent corruption
Under the law IBAC can:
- examine public sector systems, practices and legislation
- inform, consult with, and make recommendations to the public sector
- provide advice, training and education to help the public sector prevent corruption
- inform the community about the impacts of corruption on public administration and how to prevent it
- publish information on preventing corruption.
IBAC’s three key strategies to prevent corruption and police misconduct are:
- Help the community and public sector better understand corruption and its harmful effects.
- Improve corruption reporting and the public sector’s capacity to address reports.
- Provide organisations with the latest information and intelligence to keep them a step ahead of corruption risks.
We focus our prevention efforts on serious public sector corruption and police misconduct.
To ensure a coordinated approach to safeguarding Victorian public sector integrity, IBAC works collaboratively with partners including the:
IBAC's Corruption Prevention Strategy