Reporting corruption

Anyone can make a complaint to us or provide information about public sector corruption and police misconduct in Victoria.

Find out how to make a complaint or provide information.

Do you have to notify IBAC? Victoria Police, Protected Disclosure Coordinators and heads of public sector bodies must notify IBAC of suspected corruption.  

Why report corruption?

Corrupt activity left unchecked can:

  • lead to funding being diverted away from public services that support you and your family
  • waste public money and resources
  • undermine people’s trust and respect in government
  • support ongoing criminal activity
  • damage reputations of individuals, colleagues, organisations and the whole public sector.

Corruption hurts everyone.

Help prevent corruption

Reporting corrupt activity helps IBAC:

  • expose corrupt activities and risks that may otherwise remain hidden
  • provide assurances that dishonest practices are disrupted and stopped
  • ensure that public sector employees act in the public interest
  • identify corruption trends, issues and potential risks
  • gather intelligence which may lead to an IBAC investigation.

Read more about how we're helping to prevent corruption.