Anyone can make a complaint to us about public sector corruption and police misconduct across the State of Victoria.
Find out how to make a complaint.
Why report corruption?
Corrupt activity left unchecked can:
- lead to funding being diverted away from public services that support you and your family
- waste public money and resources
- undermine people’s trust and respect in government
- assist ongoing criminal activity
- result in unfair distribution of resources and privileges
- damage reputations of:
- the public sector as a whole
- people's careers and relationships
- other people working in the same organisation.
Help us serve the community of Victoria
Receiving complaints about corrupt activity:
- helps us expose corrupt activities and risks that may otherwise remain hidden
- helps us to keep the public service honest, transparent and accountable
- provides assurances that dishonest practices are disrupted and stopped
- helps us to ensure that public sector employees act in the public interest
- helps us identify corruption trends, issues and potential risks
- helps us to proactively work with public sector agencies to improve their systems and processes
- allows us to gather intelligence which may lead to an IBAC investigation
- informs the work we do with other Victorian integrity bodies.
It is in everyone’s interest to report corrupt activities when they see them.
Anyone can complain to us about corruption and police misconduct. Find out how