Diversity and inclusion
IBAC's diverse and inclusive workforce aims to reflect the background and perspectives of all Victorians. Our workplace values its people and works hard to attract and retain talent.
Our challenging work exposes the serious issues of public sector corruption and police misconduct. We're committed to fairness, natural justice and a corruption-resistant Victoria.
Our guiding principles:
- Treat all people with dignity and respect, value different views and draw on others' skills and expertise.
- Continue building a diverse workforce that reflects and adds value to the Victorian community we serve.
- Recruit and develop inclusive leaders who value and champion diversity and build a diverse and collaborative culture.
- Establish programs that help our people feel connected to IBAC, valued and encouraged to reach their full potential.
- Celebrate and promote diversity as a strength at IBAC.
- Continuously improve the connection between our people and the community.
The following activities are underway at IBAC:
- training our people to understand the benefits of diversity and inclusion in building a strong organisational culture that better reflects the community
- embedding the Mental Health and Wellbeing Charter for the Victorian Public Sector into our health, safety and wellbeing management systems and practices
- recognising and celebrating important cultural, diversity and inclusion events
- making IBAC's information and resources easier to use and understand
- creating a more flexible workplace
- improving disability access to our offices
- providing links to support groups and networks for our people.