How to make a complaint

What to do before making a complaint

  1. Understand what we do and who we can and can't investigate.
  2. Check if we are the right agency in Victoria to complain to (we refer many complaints to the appropriate agency).
  3. Be clear on who you are complaining about.
  4. If you have already complained to another agency, have those details ready.
  5. Understand your privacy options.
  6. Understand what happens to your complaint.
  7. If you're calling us, grab a pen and paper.

Report corruption now

There are four ways to make a complaint:

Online form Email Call Post
Online complaint form

Complaint form [PDF 409KB]

Download the form
and email to:

1300 735 135

You will be asked to complete a complaint form

Complaint form [PDF 409KB]

Print the form and post to:

GPO Box 24234, Melbourne VIC 3001

Services for people who are deaf, hearing or speech impaired

If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment, please contact us through the National Relay Service (NRS):

  1. TTY users phone 1800 555 677 then ask for 1300 735 135.
  2. Speak and Listen users phone 1800 555 727 then ask for 1300 735 135.
  3. Internet relay users connect to the National Relay Service (NRS) and ask for 1300 735 135.

Services for people who need an interpreter or translations

The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) has interpreters in more than 120 languages and dialects.

To use this service please phone either:

  • us on 1300 735 135 or
  • TIS directly on 1300 655 028

Download IBAC information sheets in other languages.​​