Supporting you to report corruption
Anyone can complain to us about public sector corruption and police misconduct. Find out how.
You will be protected for speaking up against wrongdoing.
Regardless of the outcome of a complaint, the information we receive helps identify broader trends and patterns that can help prevent corruption.
Investigating and exposing corruption
We have powers to effectively investigate public sector corruption and police misconduct. IBAC prioritises investigations into allegations of serious or systemic corruption and misconduct and may hold public examinations.
As a result of our investigations, we may:
- bring criminal proceedings or refer matters to the Office of Public Prosecutions
- make recommendations aimed at preventing further potential corruption
- publish reports and prevention resources.
Together with our key partners across the state’s integrity system, IBAC designs, delivers and evaluates a comprehensive range of prevention initiatives to:
- empower individuals to identify and report corruption
- support organisations to build effective corruption and misconduct controls
- strengthen societal norms to create a strong and lasting anti-corruption culture.
Exposing and preventing corruption in Victoria - IBAC's first five years